Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 14: Osaka - Kansai Airport
Day 14: Osaka - Kansai Airport

I had been up all night deciding what to throw out and keep. You don't realise how much paper (or junk) you've accumulated over the past two weeks until you have to repack everything.

Our flight was departing from Kansai Airport early that morning. We ended up catching a taxi to the airport (not something you want to do too often in Japan because of its price tag). It was an amusing experience seeing our taxi driver all decked out in his military-like uniform and white gloves. Plus, how often do you get to sit in a taxi that has white doilies covering the headrests? ....Ironically, it took my last day in Japan to finally have my first taxi ride experience. 

As we speeded towards Kansai Airport, the last few imageries I'm left with were of these koi fish kites dancing in the wind and there's a bittersweet feeling. I am ready to go home, but at the same time I know I'll miss all this. I'm not sure when I'll be back again, but I know I'll be counting down the days and years.....Sayonara Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment